What glass cup is poisonous

- Jan 16, 2020-

Glass cup is usually made of raw material high borosilicate glass and fired at a high temperature of more than 600 degrees. This new type of environmental friendly glass is more and more popular. Glass cup is a common tool for drinking water, but do you know how to buy glass cup? Why some glass cups are poisonous? What harm does poisonous glass cup do to human body?

 

1、 What glass cup is poisonous?

(1) A stained glass cup. Although colorful glass cups are very pleasing to the eyes and people's hearts, beautiful things are not necessarily beautiful. The pigment coated glass cup often contains harmful or even highly toxic elements, such as lead, chromium, cadmium, nickel, copper, manganese and other heavy metals, as well as arsenic, fluorine, chlorine, sulfur and other non-metals. In the process of industrial production, these elements will release, vaporize, pollute the air and water, and cause harm to human beings.

For example, cadmium can stimulate the respiratory tract, cause olfactory loss and gingival macula after long-term exposure. Cadmium compounds are not easy to be absorbed by the intestine, but can be absorbed by the body through respiration, and accumulate in the liver or kidney, causing harm, especially the most obvious damage to the kidney. It can also lead to osteoporosis and softening.

(2) Crystal glass cup. There are two kinds of crystal glass cups on the market: natural crystal glass cup and artificial crystal glass cup. The composition of natural crystal glass cup is silicon dioxide, without or with low lead content. It is generally a high-grade product. This kind of crystal glass is expensive. The common crystal glass cups on the market are basically made of artificial crystal. They are cheap, but lead oxide content is as high as 24%. When the lead in the blood accumulates to a certain concentration, it will cause the decline of human memory and intelligence, mental disorders, nightmares, insomnia and other symptoms.

However, it can be assured that if the artificial crystal glass cup is only used for drinking water, it will not cause lead poisoning in general, but if it is used for filling wine or acid drinks, the lead in the artificial crystal will have the risk of dissolution and resolution, and drinking these wine or acid drinks may lead to lead poisoning.