Putting Fruit Juice In A Thermos Bottle Becomes A Time Bomb ?

- Jul 08, 2019-

Putting fruit juice in a thermos bottle becomes a "time bomb"?

"Terrorist incidents"

Watermelon juice in the fridge "exploded"

Ms. Zhang told a newspaper reporter about her "terrorist incident".

"I bought a big watermelon at home and ate only a little, thinking that it would not be fresh the next day, so I squeezed the juice into two vacuum insulated bottles and put it in the refrigerator. Think about this should be better preservation effect. Ms. Zhang said that she had planned to drink it the next day, but after a busy day, she completely forgot about watermelon juice.

"After work in the evening, two friends came to my house. We were chatting. Suddenly, we heard a muffled sound in the refrigerator. When we opened the door of the refrigerator, we saw that a thermos bottle had been opened and the water melon juice was full of the refrigerator..."

Ms. Zhang said that while she was cleaning the refrigerator, another vacuum insulated bottle burst. The lid burst open and watermelon juice sprayed out. "I really don't understand why watermelon juice exploded when it was put in the vacuum insulated bottle."

 

Is it an accident or a rule that watermelon juice will explode when put in a vacuum insulated bottle? A newspaper reporter found that banana milk exploded in a vacuum insulated bottle in other places.

A school netizen tweeted: "The night before yesterday, there was an explosion in the dormitory. After checking, it was a roommate who squeezed banana milk the night before yesterday and forgot to drink it in the vacuum insulated bottle. When he put it in his bedtime, the vacuum insulated bottle exploded and sprayed the bedboard floor everywhere. Who knows the principle?" According to the netizen, "There was a sour smell when the explosion happened, and the banana milk was rancid." The netizen said that the banana milk was not heated and preserved. The vacuum insulated bottle was originally tightened. The lid was opened after the explosion. Fortunately, no one was injured and the vacuum insulated bottle could be used normally.

 

The reporter squeezed the juice and put it in a thermos bottle, and it exploded.

At 8 p.m. on June 27, the reporter squeezed watermelon juice, grape juice and banana milk into vacuum insulated bottles and stored them on the balcony. On June 28, the reporter took the juice contained in vacuum insulated bottles to a nutritional society.

Reporters observed that although the overnight thermos bottle did not explode, but the cap has been pushed out of a crack, the bottle mouth has a liquid overflow. At 12 noon on the 28th, the vacuum insulated bottle filled with watermelon juice kept making a noisy noise. A large number of red liquids came out of the bottle cap. At 1 noon, the watermelon juice "burst" and completely overturned the bottle cap and sprayed out. The cap of the thermos bottle containing grape juice and banana milk also overflowed.

 

Experts said that the explosion of fruit juice in the insulated water bottle is probably due to the continuous proliferation of bacteria during storage, which produces gas and increases the pressure in the insulated water bottle, resulting in "gushing" results.